Present a Poster in a Poster Session
We encourage all those involved in the fields of metabolism, pharmacology, toxicology, molecular biology and other related disciplines to consider submitting an abstract for a poster presentation at the ISSX Workshop to be held in Boston, MA, USA, October 27 - 28, 2016. This workshop will provide a wonderful opportunity to showcase work being done in a variety of areas and to network with other researchers.
The Call for Abstracts closed on Wednesday, August 31, 2016.
Review notifications will be emailed by Friday, September 9, 2016.
Abstract Submission Guidelines and Instructions
- ISSX Membership: At least one author named in the abstract MUST be a current, paid ISSX member. To obtain a login or to join ISSX, please complete the membership application at www.issx.org/membership.
- Intent to Attend: By submitting an abstract for the meeting, you are confirming that if your abstract is accepted, you or one of your co-authors has every intention of attending the ISSX Workshop in Boston, MA, USA October 27 - 28, 2016.
- Title: Please type the abstract title using all capital letters. Submissions must have a title to be considered for the conference program.
- Keywords: For each submission, you must select a Topic Keyword (e.g. primary keyword). The following keywords are available in the submission system:
- Clearance prediction
- Conjugation reactions and enzymes
- Cytochrome P450
- Differences in metabolism (species, gender, age, diseases)
- Drug discovery and development
- Drug interaction
- Enzyme induction
- Enzyme inhibition/inactivation
- Extrahepatic metabolism
- In Silico
- In vitro techniques
- Non-P450 phase I enzymes
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
- Physiologically-based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK)
- Pharmacokinetic modelling
- Pharmacokinetic prediction
- Volume prediction
- In vitro–in vivo extrapolation (IVIVE)
- Hepatic uptake
- Authors: Please provide all required information for the presenting author including a valid email address. A presenter must be selected in order for abstracts to be considered. Please enter all additional authors in the order they should appear in the program. The abstract submission form will guide you through the process of entering the author(s) information. Please do not include the author information in the body of the abstract.
- Abstract Body: The abstract text should be typed single-spaced and may not exceed 500 words (350 to 400 words is preferred). Type the text as one paragraph. All references included in the text should be numbered and accompanied by the full citation, including author’s names, title, journal name, volume, number, inclusive paging, and year of publication.
- Abstract Content: Abstracts must describe previously unpublished work. Abstracts previously published for other national or international meetings will not be accepted.
- Structure: If the abstract is about metabolism/disposition/mode of action of the compound, the chemical name or a partial structure must be included. If the compound causes a well-characterized biological response that is independent of structure (for example, compounds are a general inhibitor of some process, like apoptosis or chaperone function and structure is unrelated to the central theme), it is acceptable to include it with only the generic name.
- Components: Abstracts should include a statement of hypothesis, methods used, supporting data, results and conclusions. Abstracts found to be lacking in sufficient clarity, relation to the meeting topic areas, or scientific content may be rejected.
- Review: Preparation of the abstract should be rigorous and the abstract checked for errors and accuracy before submission. Errors in the submitted abstract cannot be corrected once the abstract is accepted. Errors can be corrected in the poster, so the whole set of data and information presented is accurate.
If you have any questions about submitting an abstract, please contact ISSX at email@example.com.